Exogenesis offers a range of products and services useful to myriad industries both within and without the earth observation field.
MANDALA - EARTH INSIGHT
Introducing our flagship software for our Earth Insight product line, Mandala-EI Change Detection.
Change Detection is an arduous process; manually selecting the best image pairs to be used for a period of observation, pre-processing those images to increase the probability of positive change detection, and manual human interpretation of change results. Mandala spares its users all of those time and resource expenses.
Mandala-EI is fully automated change detection perfected. Mandala was designed from the ground up to contend with the most seemingly insoluble problems associated with image(s) to image(s) change detection. Mandala can be depended upon to deliver only real change results, with no false positives normally caused by a wide variety of external influences. Mandala delivers standardized and customizable change products inclusive of a wide variety of software formats and visualization engines.
Key Features & Advantages
- Accepts raw images, without calibration
- Accepts image pairs with up to ten-year time deltas between observations
- Accepts image pairs collected by different sensors and platforms
- Accepts image pairs collected by different imaging modalities
- Accepts image pairs collected from airborne versus satellite platforms
- Accepts image pairs with different times of collection, look angle, solar azimuth, seasons parallax, adjacency and imaging geometry
- Mandala change results are impervious to the effects of imaging geometry, look angle, and image artifacts
- Mandala change results are impervious to instrument and environmental noise
- Mandala change results can be masked or labelled by thematic classes
- Mandala requires no human interventions
- Mandala is invariant to scaling and can run on massive datasets
- Mandala can be integrated into many cloud or other large data platforms and service engines
End Products & Method of Delivery
- A binary change/no change raster image in any standard raster format
- Vectorized points and polygons of changes with thematic labels in any standard vector format
- Heat maps overlain on color imagery where the heat gradient corresponds to the most rapid and intense changes across multiple observations
- A chi-square error accuracy analysis image
- Machine readable meta-data for use in statistical analysis, data visualization and related functions
- Mandala can run and deliver products integrated within external platforms or within Exogenesis AWS infrastructure. Products can be delivered through a wide variety of web services and APIs.
This exemplar observes refugee camp activity by comparing RapidEye-3 to RapidEye-4 Pan-Sharpened with high resolution panchromatic imagery. The required image pair consists of a t0 (t-zero) image from August of 2015 and a t1 (t-one) image from August of 2016. The below images (Figures 1 – 5) illustrate change detected via point density, heat maps, and binary change/no change polygons respectively.
How TO PURCHASE
If you would like to have Exogenesis perform change detection for your project or if you would like to inquire about software licensing options please contact us below.
Mandala-EI is also embedded on some of our partner's platforms and can be purchased through them. Click the participating partner links below to learn more.
L8GENESIS - EARTH INSIGHT
L8Genesis is a fully automated software toolkit for processing and generating information products from Landsat-8 OLI and TIRS data. L8Genesis has been specifically designed to run within the ENVI/IDL environment. With the click of a button L8Genesis will retrieve any number of compressed Landsat-8 tar.gz files, decompress them, stack individual bands into data-cubes, perform radiance, reflectance and temperature calibration, apply image transformations, and apply optional masks and quality assessments on either single images or multiple images in parallel. L8Genesis offers additional processing to automatically generate over one hundred unique band composites, band ratios, band indices, and advanced band indices spanning the water/ice/snow/soil/mineral/vegetation/aerosol/man-made phenomenology domains. No toolkit extracts so many repeatable and reliable information products from Landsat-8 in a fully automated fashion as L8Genesis.
L8Genesis pulls directly into ENVI/IDL and can be used to retrieve an unlimited number of compressed Landsat-8 files and automatically decompress them, calibrate them, transform them, mask them, and extract over one hundred different information products with a single click of a button. L8Genesis saves users of Landsat-8 untold amounts of time and resources.
Key Product Features & Advantages
- Automated single or batch mode decompression and organization of raw Landsat-8 files
- Automated layer stacking, radiance, reflectance and temperature calibration
- Automated image quality assessment
- Optional automated cloud, shadow, snow and water masking
- Automated image transformations including a new tasseled cap adaptation
- Optional automated multi-band composites displayed as RGB
- Optional automated vegetation, water, ice, aerosol, soil, mineral and manmade indices
- Optional advanced composite indices
End Products & Method of Delivery
- All products can be delivered in well-organized raster image formats
- Can be delivered through AWS, partner platforms, APIs, Exo UI or web services
Exemplar: Normalized Difference Cloud/Water/Snow Index
This exemplar showcases how L8Genesis can produce advanced complex index products which deftly and conspicuously discern clouds, water, and snow apart from one another as well as highlight vegetation and bare rock terrain.
The first image (Figure 1) is a Landsat-8 True Color composite displayed as RGB which contains clouds, snow/ice packs, sea water, fresh water, bare rock and forested terrain. The second image (Figure 2) is the L8Genesis Normalized Difference Cloud/Water/Snow Index where clouds are depicted in orange, liquid water in cyan, and snow/ice packs in green – while forested terrain is displayed in dark blue and bare rock displayed in magenta.
HOW TO PURCHASE
If you would like to inquire about software licensing options or how Exogenesis can leverage L8-Genesis for your current or future projects please contact us below!
SPECTRAL IDX TOOLKIT - ENVI PLUGIN
Exogenesis has developed a fully automated suite of spectral image processing and analysis algorithms used in ENVI, by Harris Corp. Each one of the apps in our Spectral IDX Toolkit adds valuable time saving processing and analytical functionality to the skill set of you or your GIS and Imagery professional employees. From our atmospheric correction and spectral signature identification tools, to our automatic image-to-image co-registration and spectral library management tools, the Exogenesis Spectral IDX Toolkit will be a welcome addition to any GIS professional’s bag of geospatial tricks.
Click any of the expandable entries below to see each tool in detail and discover how it can bring value to your current and future geospatial operations.
*Requires ENVI 4.8 or newer with an active software license.
Bloodhound - Advanced Target Detection
This Advanced target detection tool uses Winner-Takes-All scoring and advanced spectral subsetting to reduce false positives and increase accuracy of results.
- Fast! Proprietary background suppression algorithm reduces image dimensions to decrease processing time and improve accuracy
- Generates ROI files for detected targets
- User-defined weighting allows choice of algorithms to score
Automated Flat Fielding - Atmospheric Correction from Calibrated Radiance
This proprietary tool is used to automate the flat fielding atmospheric correction technique. The flat field calibration technique is used to normalize images to an area of known "flat" reflectance, and ordinarily requires a priori knowledge of the scene. This technique eliminates that requirement. Our iterative approach filters out highly skewed signatures through a series of radiance band filters and then calculates a first draft reflectance image. This reflectance image is more accurate than IARR or log residuals. Spectrally flat pixels are identified in the first reflectance image, and their radiance used to calculate a highly accurate second reflectance image.
- More accurate than IARR yet no knowledge of the scene is required prior to correction.
- No ground truth data is required to perform the correction.
- Requires a hyperspectral scene with a region of interest that is spectrally uniform and flat and does not work in areas that are predominantly vegetation.
Material Identification - Spectral Signature Material Identifier
This tool leverages any ENVI/IDL target detection algorithm to identify unknown spectral signatures.
- Winner-takes-all scoring and user defined algorithm weighting
- On-the-fly spectral resampling for ease and speed of use with any spectral library
Alchemy - Empirical Solar and Atmospheric Correction
Based upon the empirical finding that the average reflectance of diverse material spectra is not dependent on each scene, Alchemy is an in-scene approach to atmospheric correction and determines parameters directly from the information contained within the scene using the observed pixel spectra. Alchemy works by filtering out highly skewed signatures with a vegetation filter, and then calculates the average radiance of the remaining spectrally-pure endmembers. This method is user friendly and requires no a priori knowledge of the image while still producing reasonably accurate spectra. Alchemy enables the retrieval of reasonably accurate reflectance spectra even when the sensor does not have proper radiometric or wavelength calibration, or when the solar illumination intensity is unknown.
- Does not require ground truth
- Requires at least 10 endmembers and sufficiently dark pixels to allow for a baseline estimation
- Can be skewed by scenes which are predominantly vegetation
Automated Image Co-Registration
Image co-registration is a process in which two or more images are geometrically aligned so that the analogous pixels of their shared features are integrated and correspond.
- Automated image registration with no georeferencing required
Spectral Library Manager
Robust spectral library tool set used to improve library reliability by performing library consolidation, tracking of diagnostic spectral features, and scaling.
Spectral Library Search
This tool helps you search your library files to quickly find spectra of interest in consolidated libraries.
- Keyword matches
- Keyword filters
Geology Phenomenology Kit
This kit contains highly specialized geology tools for performing functions like identifying Ferrous iron content, White Mica abundance, MgOH composition, and many more.
Automated Bad Band Removal - Removes Noisy Bands
This tool automatically subsets bands containing useless noise as a result of atmospheric absorbtion windows.
- Works with improper or missing wavelength calibration
- Based upon statistical variation within band, with a user-defined threshold
This export tool automatically exports report quality graphics from rule images, suitable for reviewing results with no need for special software.
- Export .png format graphics of plot comparisons for all spectra above a user-defined threshold
- Export standardized custom-band RGB graphics for all spectra above a threshold
How To Purchase
To purchase the toolkit or to talk more about how Exogenesis can help you and your analysts contact us today!