SPECTRAL IDX TOOLKIT
An suite of spectral image processing and analysis tools for RSI and GIS professionals that plugs into ENVI.
Exogenesis has developed a fully automated suite of spectral image processing and analysis algorithms used in ENVI, by Harris Corp. Each one of the apps in our Spectral IDX Toolkit adds valuable time saving processing and analytical functionality to the skill set of you or your GIS and Imagery professional employees. From our atmospheric correction and spectral signature identification tools, to our automatic image-to-image co-registration and spectral library management tools, the Exogenesis Spectral IDX Toolkit will be a welcome addition to any GIS professional’s bag of geospatial tricks.
Click any of the expandable entries below to see each tool in detail and discover how it can bring value to your current and future geospatial operations.
*Requires ENVI 4.8 or newer with an active software license.
Bloodhound - Advanced Target Detection
This Advanced target detection tool uses Winner-Takes-All scoring and advanced spectral subsetting to reduce false positives and increase accuracy of results.
- Fast! Proprietary background suppression algorithm reduces image dimensions to decrease processing time and improve accuracy
- Generates ROI files for detected targets
- User-defined weighting allows choice of algorithms to score
Automated Flat Fielding - Atmospheric Correction from Calibrated Radiance
This proprietary tool is used to automate the flat fielding atmospheric correction technique. The flat field calibration technique is used to normalize images to an area of known "flat" reflectance, and ordinarily requires a priori knowledge of the scene. This technique eliminates that requirement. Our iterative approach filters out highly skewed signatures through a series of radiance band filters and then calculates a first draft reflectance image. This reflectance image is more accurate than IARR or log residuals. Spectrally flat pixels are identified in the first reflectance image, and their radiance used to calculate a highly accurate second reflectance image.
- More accurate than IARR yet no knowledge of the scene is required prior to correction.
- No ground truth data is required to perform the correction.
- Requires a hyperspectral scene with a region of interest that is spectrally uniform and flat and does not work in areas that are predominantly vegetation.
Material Identification - Spectral Signature Material Identifier
This tool leverages any ENVI/IDL target detection algorithm to identify unknown spectral signatures.
- Winner-takes-all scoring and user defined algorithm weighting
- On-the-fly spectral resampling for ease and speed of use with any spectral library
Alchemy - Empirical Solar and Atmospheric Correction
Based upon the empirical finding that the average reflectance of diverse material spectra is not dependent on each scene, Alchemy is an in-scene approach to atmospheric correction and determines parameters directly from the information contained within the scene using the observed pixel spectra. Alchemy works by filtering out highly skewed signatures with a vegetation filter, and then calculates the average radiance of the remaining spectrally-pure endmembers. This method is user friendly and requires no a priori knowledge of the image while still producing reasonably accurate spectra. Alchemy enables the retrieval of reasonably accurate reflectance spectra even when the sensor does not have proper radiometric or wavelength calibration, or when the solar illumination intensity is unknown.
- Does not require ground truth
- Requires at least 10 endmembers and sufficiently dark pixels to allow for a baseline estimation
- Can be skewed by scenes which are predominantly vegetation
Automated Image Co-Registration
Image co-registration is a process in which two or more images are geometrically aligned so that the analogous pixels of their shared features are integrated and correspond.
- Automated image registration with no georeferencing required
Spectral Library Manager
Robust spectral library tool set used to improve library reliability by performing library consolidation, tracking of diagnostic spectral features, and scaling.
Spectral Library Search
This tool helps you search your library files to quickly find spectra of interest in consolidated libraries.
- Keyword matches
- Keyword filters
Geology Phenomenology Kit
This kit contains highly specialized geology tools for performing functions like identifying Ferrous iron content, White Mica abundance, MgOH composition, and many more.
Automated Bad Band Removal - Removes Noisy Bands
This tool automatically subsets bands containing useless noise as a result of atmospheric absorbtion windows.
- Works with improper or missing wavelength calibration
- Based upon statistical variation within band, with a user-defined threshold
This export tool automatically exports report quality graphics from rule images, suitable for reviewing results with no need for special software.
- Export .png format graphics of plot comparisons for all spectra above a user-defined threshold
- Export standardized custom-band RGB graphics for all spectra above a threshold
How To Purchase
To purchase the toolkit or to talk more about how Exogenesis can help you and your analysts contact us today!